The Analyze section of the portal contains different charts and views to analyze the collected data of the clients. The test results of all clients can be viewed and compared in the Test results section. The Clients section lists all your registered clients. There you can get an overview of the each client's test and configuration data.
The chart can be used display and compare the test result of any client and test. It is useful to analyze trends and outtages in detail or to compare one client to a location.
Select time period
The shown time period can be selected at the top of the chart. Use one of the pre-configured options like Last 3 days or set your timespan individually with the Custom option. The date picker allows you to select any day within the last 30 days and a period not exceeding 7 days.
Add client data
- Click on Add clients
- In the popup window, filter by the clients and test results that you want to add.
- Filter by a User or Device name to select a specific client.
- Filter by a Location to get the results of all clients at that location.
- Filter by one or more Tests to only show the results of the selected tests.
- Filter by one or more Values to select a calculated metric of the test results.
- Select a time period for Active at to filter by clients that were active at that period.
- Be aware that you can add only a limited number of test results to the chart (at most 20).
- Click on Add to load the test results to the chart.
- The selected test results are listed in the table below the chart.
By unchecking/checking the checkboxes of the shown test results you can show or remove the results from the chart.
Add location averages
Location averages can be used to compare clients and locations with one another. They are calculated by averaging the test results of all clients at one location.
- Click on Add locations
- In the pop-up window, filter for the location averages that you want to add to the chart.
- Select one or more Locations to filter the locations.
- Select one or more Tests to only select the averages for the selected tests.
- Be aware that you can only add a limitted number of test results to the chart (at most 20).
- Click on Add to load the averages to the chart.
The warning and critical thresholds of a test are displayed as background colors if the results of only one test are selected. If results of different tests are selected for comparison, the thresholds are not shown.
Show error details
The chart shows underneath the Measurements the Errors section. The number of all reported errors of the selected tests are shown here. Clicking on one column opens a popup with details of the occurred error.
Save selected test results
To save the list of selected client tests simply save the URL. If you load that URL again, the test results for the same clients and tests will be displayed on the chart.
Export test results
Export the chart's test data as an image, CSV, or JSON format using the export menu found as three dots in the top right corner.
The Clients section lists all clients that are registered to your tenant.
- Check your registered client count and remaining installations before reaching the license limit.
- Search for clients by device name, user name or location.
Detailsto view each client’s collected data.
Removeto delete unused clients. Note: This won’t stop an active client, but only removes its data and portal access.
- Check the notification for outdated or inactive clients and filter for them by clicking on the highlighted words.
- Export a CSV of recent system profile data for all clients.
The overview tab gives a first overview of a client. The client status section shows the latest status of the client's connection and provides general information about the client.
The highlights section displays the performance of selected tests to hint for possible network bottlenecks or performance issues on the client. The events chart and top ten events table display all test issues and their frequency during the selected time range. The time range can be chosen among predefined values like Last 3 days or can be set to a custom range.
The System profile tab shows the network environment and system configuration data of the device a client runs on. The system profile data is also shown on the client (see System profile). The date selection can be used to display any past system profile data. To inspect whether test issues are related to changes in the system profile data, one can use the client's analyze section.
The client health gives an overview of the client's connection status over the day. Yellow, red or grey columns indicate that the client reported several issues within 15 minutes. A click on one health chart directs to the test results where the exact measurements can be inspected.
See the Health documentation to learn how to use the charts.
If you determine a test at the client's health with issues that occur only from time to time, then those issues could be related to some network or system configuration of the client's device. This can be inspected in the Analyze section (see below).
The Analyze section lets you inspect whether issues of a test are related to changes in the system profile data. To find any of those relations:
- Select the test you want to analyze.
- All possibly related system profile entries are then listed below. Click on one for details.
- The column chart shows how many issues were reported for each configuration. The number of issues is relative and shows how many test results were unsuccessful over the time the configuration was used.
- The pie chart shows how much time each of the configurations was actually used by the client over the day.