Discover all new features, bugfixes and improvements.
Released at February 27, 2024
- The Country and Active Direcotry Site of clients are detected and can be used for location tagging. See Location tag parameters
- A client can be chosen to auto-fill the tag parameters on location tag creation.
- Several IP addresses can be specified for one location tag by comma-separation.
- A new location can be added quickly on location tag creation. See Create location tag
- Issue details on the client now display a link to the test results section in the portal. Client and test are preselected.
- The Default gateway test errored in some tenants due to an incorrect configuration file. This was fixed.
Released at February 13, 2024
- The name of the internet service provider of a client is detected and shown on system profile.
- The health pages have been restructured. It is now also possible to filter by internet provider. See Health
- The client is now restarted when the proxy changes to ensure it uses the correct configuration. See Client
Released at January 31, 2024
- Fixed an issue with the Public IPv4 address detection.
Major Update 126.96.36.1998
Released at January 16, 2024
- Small improvements of the new mail list.
- The client has been improved so that it works correctly in environments with a system proxy.
- An issue that caused the default gateway test to error was fixed.
- The oData function current() was adapted to work correctly with PowerBI. See APIs
- Clients that have no username didn't appear in the clients list. This was fixed.
Released at December 19, 2023
- Improved logs to better analyze the client's behaviour in environments using a proxy.
Released at December 18, 2023
- The Clients page now displays information about outdated or inactive clients and offers a filter to quickly find all affected clients. See Clients .
- A mail list was created to optionally notify portal users about new major updates. See Access control .
- Column naming and icons are now standardized on all pages of the portal.
- The issue where system profile data was sometimes not collected has been resolved. The system profile should now be collected reliably.
- The issue causing clients to open the UI every time the device is (re)started has been fixed. The UI will now only open when clicking on the tray icon.
Released at November 14, 2023
- A per-machine installer is now available to simplify the client deployment and getting better control of updates. For more details see Software deployment .
- The automatic updates for the per-user installations is now more reliable and quicker when new updates are available.
- Health pages drilldown in the portal now uses the current time and not midnight.
Released at November 7, 2023
- Improved logging on the client to investigate a strange issue with the client user interface opening.
Released at October 30, 2023
- Issues with collecting and sending of system profile data were fixed. This should also fix some reported internet provider errors.
Major Update 188.8.131.529
Released at October 23, 2023
- The Rimscout data is now accessable via an API. Use this to build your own report e.g. in PowerBI or grafana. For more details see APIs .
- The Rimscout client collects more network environment information. It detects now VPNs, proxy settings and checks for SSL inspections so that you can analyze possibly related issues.
- The metrics Jitter and Packetloss are new metrics on the test result chart. Use them for a deepler analysis of your network issues.
- Consistent system profile language in the portal.
- Some errors provide now more detailed error messages in the portal.
- Some clients somtimes had a test called Result is unkown appearing the UI. This was removed.
- Due to changes of the Microsoft Teams endpoints the Teams audio/video test reported many errors. The test was adapted for the errors to disappear.
- Corrected a broken link to the Alert documentation in the portal.