The test retrieves the current RAM usage of the device the Rimscout client is running on.
A high RAM usage can affect the user experience. Running processes, including those responsible for network traffic, may be slowed down. Rimscout itself might not be able to function properly if there is too little free RAM.
|Performance Counter (internal)
|Number of measurements
Locate the issue
RAM usage issues are client specific issues. However, compare the data to spot any changes or patterns. Use the general troubleshooting guide and answer these questions:
- Is it a client-specific issue?
- Are there other clients with similar issues (and possibly similar devices)?
- Are there other related services with issues?
- Does performance issues of other services correlate to peaks in the RAM usage?
- Did the RAM usage change over time?
- Are there patterns or significant changes in the RAM usage of the client?
The RAM usage test is independent of the size of RAM a client has. Clients with much RAM might not suffer from a high RAM usage.
Possible causes (status warning/critical)
Too many processes running
If there are too many processes running on a device they all consume RAM space.
- Identify and stop processes using a lot of RAM space.
- A restart of the device can also clean up background processes.
Too little RAM
Nowaday there are many applications needing a lot of RAM. To cope with this the device should have enough RAM.
- Check whether the RAM is sufficient to cope with the workloads of the device.
Possible causes (status error)
In case the test errors, this is likely a software bug.
- Please report this bug by reporting an issue.